WHY IS IT THE NEED OF THE HOUR?
67% of job seekers consider workplace diversity an important factor when considering employment opportunities.
Companies with executive levels comprised of over 30% women are 48% more likely to outperform companies with less gender diversity.
83% of millennials are actively engaged at work when they believe the culture of their MAK organization is inclusive.
WHY CHOOSE US FOR INCLUSION?
At TransforMe Learning, we take pride in being a global organization that truly understands
the nuances and intricacies of diverse cultures, race, genders, and intersectional identities. Our
cohort of global facilitators represent lived diverse experiences and bring a range of
perspectives to the table, ensuring that our programs are inclusive, engaging, and relevant to
participants from all backgrounds. It’s no wonder that we’ve been awarded as Diversity
Champions and are called upon to speak on this crucial topic on various international
- List core components for a safe environment
- Find areas to improve team safety
- Plan actions to enhance safety and inclusivity
- Learn vulnerability and trust building
- Explain the expectations & social norms regarding gender and how this impacts our working styles
- Understand ways in which discrimination can manifest
- Identify concrete actions to take individually and with one’s team
- Define unconscious biases and identify own biases
- Recognize how social identities impact interactions at work
- Define micro-aggressions and identify strategies to respond to them
- List 5 sources of power that can either empower or disempower people
- Choose one power source to become a more inclusive manager
- Recognize potential negative triggers or factors that can influence their use of power
- Improved communication skills: Participants will learn how to craft and deliver compelling stories that engage their audience and communicate their message effectively.
- Increased confidence: Participants will gain the confidence and skills needed to deliver powerful presentations and communicate their ideas with impact.
- Better engagement: Effective storytelling can help to increase audience engagement, leading to better retention of information and increased buy-in from stakeholders.
- Enhanced leadership skills: Effective storytelling is a key leadership skill that can help individuals to inspire, motivate, and influence others.
- Improved sales and marketing: Effective storytelling can help sales and marketing professionals to create a more emotional connection with their prospects and customers, leading to increased sales and brand loyalty.
- Stronger customer relationships: Storytelling can be a powerful tool for building strong, lasting relationships with customers by creating a deeper emotional connection.
- Increased innovation: Storytelling can help to stimulate creativity and innovation by encouraging individuals to think outside the box and share new ideas.
- Better teamwork and collaboration: Storytelling can help to build stronger teams by fostering empathy, trust, and collaboration among team members.